Menjelang penghujung akhir tahun, ada Artikel tentang desain yang Kamu mesti baca di Medium
- How to Apply a Design Thinking, HCD, UX, or Any Creative Process from Scratch by Dan Nessler.
- 8 Unintuitive Lessons on Being a Designer by Julie Zhuo.
- 4 Things Working at Facebook Has Taught Me About Design Critique by Tanner Christensen.
- How We Tried to Design Our Own Book Cover (and How Jessica Hische Saved the Day) by Jake Knapp.
- The Broken Window Theory In Design and Product Development explains why little problems are important problems; by Tobias van Schneider.
- The Design Process characterizes the current state of UX — one of awkward pubescence — and suggests that some serious self-reflection, together, is necessary if design is to be taken seriously; by Pablo Stanley.
- The Art of Designing With Heart reminds us that our software exists to help people and that if we build with them in mind, they’ll notice; by Jonas Downey.
- In Defense of Homogeneous Design suggests that in our experimentation with products, we should also recognize when our ‘unique’ design gets in the way of our users’ experience; by Yaron Schoen.
- Digital Product Design Principles gives you 12 considerations to help you make design decisions; by Wouter de Bres.
- The Future Is Near: 13 Design Predictions for 2017 by Chase Buckley.
- Why Designers Shouldn’t Code, But Study Business by Joshua Taylor.
- The Next Big Thing in Design is a call to apply collective design practices to greater, more global challenges; by Tim Brown.
- 5 Actual Web Design Trends for 2016 by Nils Sköld.
- Design and the Self reviews the various levels at which we can understand design and calls for good design in the world because good design helps us to be the best version of ourselves; by Irene Au.
- 5 Design Secrets from the Kids Who Will Replace You by Kim Cullen.
- Top 3 UX Mobile Design Trends and the emphasis on personality, navigation and content; by Joanna Ngai.
- 50 Shades of #FAFAFA is a list of silly things designers do and don’t do, but don’t take it too seriously; by Jon Moore
TOOLS & RESOURCES
- The Beginner’s Guide to Becoming the Best Designer explores different ways we can become the best at something while highlighting the importance of practice, commitment and a strategy for effective learning; by Michael Abehsera.
- Great Books for Designers to Still Read in 2017 (if you didn’t get to them this year) by Robin Raszka.
- 20 Documentaries Every Designer Should Watch by Fabricio Teixeira.
- Design at 1x — It’s a Fact makes a case for designing at 1x pixel density and gives us 8 reasons why we should start, too; by Kurt Varner.
- The Best Designer Tools Collection by Muzli.
- Design, Illustrated in 3 Charts is made up of a few doodles that illustrate one designer’s thought process of trying to out what, exactly, is design; by Julie Zhuo.
- Let’s Talk About Design Portfolios is a compilation of impression and lessons learned while evaluating and hiring designers; by Daniel Fosco.
- UX Design Methods & Deliverables contains some UX Designers’ most common methods and deliverables, each with a list of additional links and some of the best practices available in the industry; by uxdesign.cc.
- 64 People You Should Know in Design by Tradecraft.
- An Iconic New Look and More shows off Sketch’s brand new icon as well as other app improvements and additions that will excite designers; by Sketch.